Contact: Beth Otway
The National Vegetable Society Surrey District Association are a small, friendly group of keen vegetable growers. Many of our members grow a wide range of edible plants in their gardens and allotments. Our members range from fairly new vegetable gardeners, all the way through to experienced, expert, and professional growers. New members, visitors, and guests, are always welcome at our talks, meetings, shows, and events.
The National Vegetable Society Surrey group hold a number of talks and shows each year, which are free for NVS members to attend. We arrange a visit to a garden, or an expert grower, for our members during the summer months.
The National Vegetable Society Surrey District Association hold the majority of their Meetings and Vegetable Shows at 8pm, in the Main Hall, at East Horsley Village Hall, Kingston Avenue, East Horsley, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT24 6QT.
The NVS Surrey DA Mini Vegetable Shows open for staging at 7.30pm. Judging is at 8.15pm and the prizes are presented at 9.30pm.
At our talks and events (unless otherwise stated) entry is free for National Vegetable Society members, £1 for members of affiliated societies, £2 for RHS Students, and £3 for visitors.
For more information about the NVS Surrey DA, please email the Programme, Events, and Visits Secretary, Beth Otway – email@example.com
To find out all the benefits of joining the National Vegetable Society and to sign up as a member, please click here.
Upcoming events for National Vegetable Society (NVS) Surrey District Association:
- 11-Feb-2023 – National Vegetable Society Surrey District Association AGM
- 23-Mar-2023 – Companion Planting: a talk by Ray Broughton
- 12-Apr-2023 – The Veg Garden in Spring: a talk by Barnaby Miller
- 10-May-2023 – Unusual Edibles: a talk by Matt Oliver
- 13-Sep-2023 – Alternatives to Peat Compost: a talk by Stuart Mills
- 11-Oct-2023 – Grow it, Cook it: a talk by Janet & Brian Arm
- 08-Nov-2023 – Plant Breeding Innovation: a talk by Jamie Claxton